'Sister' Styling: University Lookbook

Photographs taken by Hayley Sellars and me!

Hello! Today I'm sharing a little more of my ~creative/professional life~ and giving a snippet of a lookbook I recently styled as part of one of my university projects! It was SUCH a fun (albeit stressful project) but it's really cemented for me that styling is a sector of the industry I want to be a part of. The lookbook (which autocorrects to cookbook every god damn time) is for a brand we were tasked to create and provide a supporting brand handbook for and our group have had a great time completing this assignment! Our brand is called Sister, and celebrates all things inclusivity, accessibility and being unapologetically proud to stand out from the crowd. I think the fashion industry still has a way to go in regard to showcasing females that don't fit the typical white, slim, straight females and we really wanted to channel a more varied vibe that was truly representative of each and every time of woman! As students, our resources for this project were slightly limited, and with the typical British weather turning against us on shoot day, things took a bit of a stressful turn but overall I'm really proud of the outcome! We've still got three weeks to go until our hand in so the assignment isn't over yet but it's honestly been one of the most fun/rewarding/hands on things I've done within my degree and I've loved every second! 

We worked with some of the loveliest ladies as part of the shoot and the models in particular were such a dream! I will link their Instagram's at the end of this post if you wanted to check them out further because they're all super talented! As well as collaborating with a photographer from our university, we also worked with a fashion design student who created the blazer from one of the shots above! We added some badges to create a more Sister vibe and I think it looks über cool! I'm thinking of sharing our brand handbook too when it's complete because we've spent SO long on packaging mock ups, social media profiles, brand values and logo design that I think it would be really interesting to get some feedback on it all. I hope you enjoyed this insight to my degree!

Our models:

2 comments

  1. The images look amazing Charlotte! I especially love that last photo, so cute! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete